Friday, March 7, 2008

My Wedding Photography Approach



There are as many different approaches to Wedding photography as there are photographers, but nowadays photographers are taking a harder stand for what type of photography they brand themselves by. You have the Traditional Photographer who will photograph the ceremony, posed formals and the usual first dance, cake cutting and bouquet toss, etc. These type of images are beautiful though staged every step of the way. Then you have what in the last ten years has gained enormous popularity, the Wedding Photojournalist. This type of photographic style is less intrusive, the images are more natural, spontaneous and journalistic.




While many photographers state that their style is "Photo journalistic," their work many times betray the statement. If I had to state my style I think I would have to say that I become what I need to become in order to make my clients happy, that I shouldn't' t control the events but complement them by allowing them to happen organically. In the same breath I would also have to add that I'm a hopeless romantic and if I see a potential spot or setting that has potential, I have no problem with pointing my clients in that direction. I'm there to make the day as memorable as possible. I use my creative eye to enhance the feel and look of my photographs. I want my couples to look as good as they can and at the same to capture that interaction and love that transpires between the two.
I want my clients to remember me, remember my service and the little things that I do to enhance their experience. I strive to create the most beautiful album possible for my customers and I walk them through the process step by step. The best advertising is word of mouth, and so I want the only words coming out of the mouths of my customers to be how great our photographer was.

No comments: