Monday, March 3, 2008

A Future Golden Opportunity



I think having been a landscape photographer gives me an edge when it comes to dramatic wedding and bridal photography. I have trained my eye over the last decade to see beyond the usual or typical cute sunset photograph. One day I imagine a bride and groom standing on this location for an astoundingly beautiful image, but as they say, the proof is in the pudding so when the time comes we will see if Scott can put his money where his mouth is. The funny thing about this photo is that my wife was with me sitting up on a bluff. She had been waiting for about an hour and was starting to get figgety, so she started throwing rocks into my picture. Needless to say when I got home and examined the images, at first I thought my lens was scratched, or there was something on my image sensor, then it hit me - my wife had left her mark!

4 comments:

Brian Palmer Photography said...

Love the image Scott, I know how hard it is to wait for the right shot being from a nature photography background. It's a cool story behind it as well, sounds like your wife must know my wife in a previous life.

Renee Marquis Photography said...

Hey Scott, I love this image and can picture a bride & groom in the middle as well. Your work is amazing!

shawnreeder said...

Great images Scott! Nice to see another landscape photog at Pictage. Do you have a landscape site? I'd love to check it out. Welcome to the world of blogging!

Lisa Stein said...

Yeah, the trick is, where to put the people and then make sure they look right :-) ;-)